30 comments

Fantasy Fiction Teens & Young Adult

DISCLAIMER: GORE, BLOOD...

Gloomy shade envelopes the shaggy green carpet that covers the deep crimson ground. The blood of animals, humans, and half-humans alike all spread out and clashing against the soft shades of yellow, blue, and green. The shallow sound of murmuring echos through the thick air. The sound of shoes crunching against bones and fingers and branches. Slowly getting louder and faster. Turning into a run as the being runs through the darkness. Its eyes are covered in a deep brown and red cloth of hair. The screeching of other beings fills the void of emptiness.


The loom of the stench reaches the unconscious people causes them to choke. The being with a brown and red curtain of hair walks over to a huddled being with brown hair, their body has several scars and bruises and gashes all over. The being is holding a small half deer in her arms. She looks up at the being with brown and red hair and sees green and golden eyes peering at her with a grim smile. "W-why?" She breathes out as she clutches the lifeless half-deer in her arms, dried tears gripped her torn scarred cheeks.


The sound of his gruff laugh overpowers the whimpers of the others. The darkness still enveloping the area. "Because You took him from me, Reinhart. HE WAS MINE AND YOU TOOK HIM!" He screams with fury. He lifts his long sharpened leg up and hovers it over the brown-haired woman's head. "Give me one reason why I shouldn't kill you now." He seethes at the human.


Shaking she pulls the small half-deers body up with her as she sits up staring at him. The darkness is slowly fading away and she can see faintly in the distance. Bodies as far as she can see, all lifeless. "I didn't take him from you, Ethan. He chose my side. You didn't have to kill anyone, you just had to join us. YOU COULD HAVE JOINED US, BUt instead, you killed the people I love." She says her voice raising then falling back again from her exhaustion.


"That's where your wrong, Reinhart. You wouldn't have let me join, you would have killed me and you know it." He says grabbing her by the neck and slowly squeezing.


"H-he loved you, s-so much. H-he w-wanted y-you to be with him, He loved you, Ethan." The brown-haired woman chokes out.


"NO! He left me...He never wanted me" Ethan says his hand slightly going limp for a moment allowing Reinhart to gasp for some air.


"Yes! He loved you, Ethan. He really did. Please stop this. You know this isn't what he would have wanted. Just let me go and we can try and rebuild. Please..." She says grabbing his wrist but not retching it off like he knows she could.


He stares into her eyes, only seeing sincerity. "Why are you doing this, I killed her Rein. She's gone just like Galen is." He says.


She looks over at Faye's body, her small face so beautiful and peaceful even in death. "We can rebuild. I-I heard a rumor of an animal that can give us blessings if we show great appreciation. M-maybe we can ask for this all to end and for it all to start over. W-with you on our side this time." She says obvious hope in her voice.


Ethan lets her go finally and she sucks in the air. She then looks out at the field filled with death. She sees Sophia sitting on a rock laying there holding the other Fawn in her arms. A small smile graces her face. It was always so hard to call one of them without the other answering. The smile falls as her gaze moves across the field and over to Bjorn sitting on the grass, covered in blood. He has his arms wrapped around the only being he actually warmed up to. Aspen is lying in his arms with her leg severed off. She is crying as he holds her and Celeste is holding the leg as she uses her magical essence to try and stop the bleeding as much as she can.


Idalia and Penny are lying on the floor, not lifeless just tired from fighting. Naka is sitting a few feet away staring at her tail as it slowly starts to grow back, her face is full of pain but she doesn't release any sound. Her girlfriend River is sitting next to her with her head on her lap. Her wolf paws are laying across half of her tail. Noah is sitting next to them staring at me. It catches me off guard and then she realizes she must think Ethan is a threat.


By now the entire field is covered in light so much light that even Reinhart has a hard time seeing. They all place a hand over their eyes to see a beautiful phoenix flying in the sky. Her wings are flaming and causing a massive heatwave to hit us all. She glides down in front of me. "You have spoken of me, child. My name is Rose. The almighty Phoenix of hope and love. I shall bless you and your friends with a happy ending. What is it you want, child?"


The brown-haired woman's eyes widen, she's actually real. She was just hoping, but she's actually real. "U-uh, err, well." she stutters over her words as her gaze falls to Faye's face. A hand is placed on her shoulder and she sees Fawn staring at her with her wide hawk eyes. " I want her back, please," she says with a hopeful voice.


The phoenix smiles "Then it is what you shall have, dear child." She says as she places her hand on the wound that killed Faye. It slowly starts to close up and her chest starts moving again. After a couple of seconds, Faye opens her eyes and looks around confused. When she spots Reinhart a smile takes over her face. "There you are, child," the phoenix says looking now at Ethan. What is it you would like my powerful, son."


Ethan stares at her in awe for a good moment before opening his mouth "I want the love of my life back. His name is Galen." he says looking at the woman with a look Reinhart hasn't seen in years.


"Then that is what you shall have, powerful son." She says before holding her hand up as a blinding light shoots out of her hand in the shape of a short but muscular male. His head is the first thing to completely materialize, his long almost white hair falls just short of his shoulders. Next is his body and then he stares. He looks at Ethan then at all the people around him. He smiles widely. "Are you here to be on our side?" His voice is hopeful. Not even questioning why he is alive.


Ethan nods his head with a faint smile. The phoenix flies over to the others blessing them all. Then she flies away leaving in her wake a beautiful bright light. Reinhart pulls Faye into a passionate kiss as the others all celebrate their own ways.


Then Reinhart hears a faint sound. Her eyes turn dark again and she sees a faint light. She feels her arm getting poked. She opens her eyes to see Faye standing over her with a rather confused look. "Reinhart you okay? You kinda blacked out there for a moment" she says helping her to a seated position.


Reinhart looks around to see that they haven't even left the house yet. She gapes for a second before shaking her head "Yeah, I'm fine sorry." She says standing up and grabbing Faye's hand walking towards the forest.


THIS IS THE LONGEST STORY I HAVE WRITTEN ON HERE :)

May 04, 2021 18:16

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

30 comments

*cries* i'M aLwAyS sO mEaN I mean, accurate, but still Lol Galen doesn't exist on reedsy :( hehe Can't wait to see more!

Reply

18:59 May 04, 2021

It's Bucky Barnes's character...

Reply

Ah... lol itโ€™s not in ur bio yet... hehe

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Creed .
20:19 Jun 10, 2021

I exist.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies

Plz sign my petition to help save helpless cows and spread the word: http://chng.it/tmwTRXTcgq

Reply

Show 0 replies
Nyx :)
14:31 Jun 03, 2021

Cant wait for part 3! (i'm also the one who did river btw)

Reply

15:48 Jun 03, 2021

Hehe If I can get out my writer's block it will be on its way :) Thanks, I'll update my bio.

Reply

Nyx :)
16:01 Jun 03, 2021

haha okay!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
05:21 May 17, 2021

I- Iโ€™m dead?? But then I was brought back to life?? Maybe itโ€™s just bcs my teacher is late and Iโ€™m speedrunning reading this because OMG SHEโ€™S BAKC AA

Reply

Show 0 replies
Sunny ๐ŸŒผ
18:19 May 09, 2021

yay I have a girlfriend (now if only I could get one irl *cri*) omg this was so intense- why are we fighting? can we all be friends? what? I-

Reply

16:25 May 10, 2021

Yeth you do :) Also, confused yet?

Reply

Sunny ๐ŸŒผ
19:19 May 10, 2021

yes very but I'm trusting you to explain yourself

Reply

14:00 May 11, 2021

I will later in part 3 :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

A little confused tbh, or it could just be me XD spent the last 3 periods doing test after test so my brains a lil aijdhbsaihx TvT. Can you explain the story a lil plz child style lol sorryyyyy

Reply

18:49 May 04, 2021

Okay so...At the beginning, it is the end of a fight scene...and Ethan the main antagonist, and Reinhart the main protagonist is fighting and talking. Ethan lost someone in the battle because as he puts it Reinhart took him from him. Then she tries to get Ethan on her side and it works...Faye the girlfriend of Reinhart died in the battle...The phoenix comes and saves/blesses everyone. Then after everyone is happy and celebrating it all turns out to be a dream/vision... Did that make any sense?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.