0 comments

Drama Kids Romance

Tony and Emma raised 3 beautiful boys in the home Emma diligently packed to fit into a 1 bedroom condo across the country.

She carefully went through items she hoped each of her daughter in laws would appreciate and store for the grandchildren to get a glimpse of their fathers childhood.

As the public walked through her 4 bedroom victorian home opening and closing cabinet doors that they just don't make anymore, talking about ripping down the custom built in's throughout Tony's craftsmen hands made to compliment the home and provide storage. No-one understanding how valuable the stain glass windows were, Emmas heart sank.

She dreamed about this move ever since their youngest boy entered his last year of high school. The wear the tear on her bones from the harsh winter months became too much. Tony promised her that once each of the boys were thriving on their own he would take her south. Tony was a man of his word.

The sale of their home and liquidation of contents that the condo could never accommodate allowed Tony to leave his sons with financial security which gave him the peace of mind he worked towards for 45 years. He was over joyed to be making his wife of just as many years dream come true.

The whole family was on the train platform as Tony and Emma waved goodbye with tears in everyones eyes. They spent the 2 day trip making plans for all the things they talked about for years. Tony stepped onto the platform first holding his hand out to his wife. As she stepped onto the plat form Tony wrapped his arms around her whispered in her ear telling her to soak in the warmth of the sun that was shining so brightly which raised the temperature to 92 degrees that day. If he were a younger man he would have carried his wife over the threshold of their new home.

Emma was pleased that the moving company had everything delivered and unpacked to her specifications by the time they arrived, all she had to do was fill the few cabinets and the smallest fridge she saw with food. As she began unpacking their suitcases she could not bare the humidity and begged Tony to put the A/C as low as it would go. Tony arranged for a golf cart tour of the grounds and surprised Emma with lunch plans.

Tony was filled with pride as their tour showcased the many pools on the grounds, the tennis court, golf course, women and mens salons, luxurious dinning options, and a grand hall where entertainment was provided daily. All the years of hard work and saving , all the while providing his wife, children and grandchildren with their hearts desire certainly worked out well for Tony. He felt the same emotions as the day Emma walked down the isle towards him to become his wife.

Months passed, they made several friends and attending many functions in the grand hall. Tony woke each day with joy and adventure in his heart and laid his head peacefully at night with pride being able to provide less strain on Emma's bones and sun kiss skin. He was surprised and welcomed the comfort southern living provided for his body as well. Emma went through the motions of the day anticipating 6:00 pm when she would FaceTime family back home and be indoors enjoying the comfort of air-conditioning. As more months passed the daily 6:00pm interaction became once a week then only when time was available.

Emma began sleeping late and had little interest in leaving the small one bedroom condo. After weeks of trying and keeping his wife company and get her out, Tony started making plans for himself. He bought a boat remembering how he loved to fish as a child. More weeks passed and he discovered he enjoyed doing things by himself, not that he was always alone he more often than not made plans with friends. He enjoyed the fact his only responsibility was for his own happiness, he became more relaxed and smiled more frequently the he had in years. His body ached much less and his energy more like it was in his 50's.

During dinner in the small condo Emma informed Tony she was going home for a few months. His first thought was to offer to make arraignments for them both to travel. Tony finished his last bite of steak, cleared the table, kissed his wife on her head and simply told her that he hopes she returns to him sooner rather than later.

Tony accompanied Emma to the train. They each waved till the other was out of sight, neither had tears in their eyes. Emma was beside herself with anticipation on seeing her family. Tony was annoyed the cab ride home took too long, he was sure to miss the best fishing spot. He was right, so he went to the grand hall and joined in the line dancing. He didn't mind not having his wife as a partner several women were more than happy to step in for Emma they were just as happy to accompany him for early dinners.

When Emma stepped onto the train platform her middle son and 2 of her grandchildren were there waiting for her each with bouquets of her favorite flowers. As they were stuck in rush hour traffic on the way to her oldest sons house the youngest son called and informed her that dinner would be at his house. Emma was thrilled that all her children, in-laws and grandchildren would be dining together. During dinner her heart warmed as the grandchildren were talking over one another to fill her in on everything she missed. She shouted with joy as her youngest son's wife announced she would be having her 5th grandchild. She couldn't contain her emotions and sobbed with happiness.

When she was laying in her sons guest room that night she remembered she didn't call Tony to let him know she arrived safely and grew annoyed that he didn't call to check.

September 17, 2020 19:32

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.