12 comments

Fiction Horror Teens & Young Adult

It was 27th October Of year 2015.An autumn evening with the sounds of dry leaves falling . Childhood best friends Ross and Peter were passing by a graveyard. They loved to do adventures and had many adventures together.As there age was increasing the risk in their adventures was also increasing.

Looking at the graveyard Peter asked Ross"Haven't you ever thaught how this graveyard would look at night?..

Why our parents don't allow us to pass through this graveyard after sunset??.

"Hmm.... I wonder .."Ross replied.

"So do you want to find out?"asked Peter with a mischievous smile.

"Why are you smiling like that what do you mean??" Asked Ross as he didn't understood what Peter meant. "Oh you dumb boy I mean lets spend a night in this graveyard and check out what happens here"explained Peter. "Are you sure? I think it's quite risky"said Ross. "Are you scared?.. Don't act like a crybaby"said Peter. "No!! I'm not scared why would I be scared? I have done so many adventures with you don't you remember?"said Ross. " Yeah thats like my friend"said Peter. "But when" asked Ross.

"Whenever you want but I think we should do it today"Peter said.

"Yeah why not...But what will we tell our parents?..that we are going to spend a night in a graveyard huh??"Ross asked.

"You tell your parents that you are coming to my house for a night stay and I will tell my parents that I am going for a night stay at your place" Peter said.

"What an idea!..you have learnt so many things in my company" Ross said smiling.

"Oh c'mon boy!"replied Peter.

They both walked to their houses

When they reached home they did the same as they planned.They packed a blanket,a torch and some chips and left home after dinner.

They walked to the graveyard and were feeling cold as winter was about to come.Ross was a little bit afraid as they were heading towards the graveyard.As they reached Ross started to shiver due to fear.

"Are you okay?"asked Peter.

"Yeah I'm absolutely fine it's just because of the weather."

Peter understood because Ross's eyes were saying everything clearly but he didn't said anything.

They now entered the graveyard and were wondering around to find a place to sit so they could get a perfect view of the graveyard.

Finally they found a place. They sat there and started to stare a tree right behind them. To their astonishment the tree had a treehouse built in it.

Peter had heard of it before but didn't believed but now he had witnessed it with his own eyes.

Ross asked Peter about the treehouse and Peter replied"The treehouse was was built when a little girl was burried here.The little girl died after falling from a treehouse in her garden.When she fell off she had a little bit life in her body and was taken to hospital. Her head was hurt and she could barely breathe but when she felt better she was asked about how she fell and she replied"I was playing with my doll and suddenly my doll stood up and I was surprised. She told me to hold her hand and I did as she told me. We were walking hand in hand and she took me to the window and told me to stand there. I did as she said and then she pushed me out of the window and I fell off." No one believed her and after 2 days she died in the hospital after removing her oxygen mask. The weirdest thing was why would she had removed her oxygen mask and the doll was also found in her hospital room when she died. Everyone thaught it was a coincidence. And the most strange thing is that this treehouse wasn't built by anyone it just built itself."

"Stop this nonsense how can a doll throw a girl off the window?! She was talking this nonsense because of her head injury" Ross replied controlling his fear.

"Yeah for sure" said Peter.

"Ok so lets found the insane girl's grave"

"Do you even know her name?"Ross asked.

"Yeah I have heard her name a million times. Her name was Laura..umm yeah Laura Watson".

They standed up and started to find thw girl's grave.

"Oh here it is"said Peter

"Where?"Ross asked.

"Just below the treehouse"said Peter.

"LAURA WATSON 21st January

2008-27th October 2013"

Peter read.

"Oh what a coincidence she died today 3 years ago"

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAA" screamed Ross.

"What happened to you" asked Peter.

"Are you blind can't you see the doll standing beside Laura's grave?"

"No" replied Peter.

"Its just your imagination you must be thinking of the doll and now you are seeing it in real life"said Peter.

Peter couldn't see the doll and now Ross wasn't seeing the doll as well.

"Maybe"replied Ross.

"Hehehehe"(sound of girl laughing)

"Did you heard that??"asked Ross.

"Yeah Did you heard that too??"replied Peter.

"Yeah,but where is the sound coming from?"asked Ross.

Peter looks towards the treehouse and finds Laura and the doll laughing together.

"OH MY GOD!!!" shouted Peter.

ROSS LOOKS TOWARDS PETER AND THEN LOOKS AT THE TREEHOUSE

"OH NO!!"screamed Ross.

BOTH RAN AS FAST AS THEY COULD.

THEY THEN STOPPED TO BREATHE AND FOUND THE DOLL TELLING BOTH OF THEM TO HOLD HER HAND

BOTH SCREAMED HARD AMD WERE TERRIFIED AS HELL.

THEY WERE RUNNING FAST AND SUDDENLY ROSS FELL DOWN.

THERE WERE TWO GRAVES JOINED TOGETHER.

"PETER (22nd March 1999 to 27th October 2015) & ROSS(1st May 1999 to 27th October 2015)"

Peter read.

They ran harder and harder but everytime they reached the treehouse & saw the doll telling both of them to hold her hands.

This time they heard sound of a girl crying coming from Laura's grave.

They just ran and ran and then found a corner and hid there till morning. When the Sun came out they felt relaxed and that demonic doll was gone.

They picked up their backpacks and went out of the graveyard.

Ross told Peter"I will never come for an adventure in such a place"

"It was kinda fun, wasn't it?" said Peter.

"SHUT UP!! Shouted Ross.

Peter smiled.

THEY BOTH WENT TO THEIR HOMES AND NEVER DISCUSSED THE NIGHT AGAIN.


October 28, 2020 06:16

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

12 comments

Super story Emraan! Love the suspense! :)

Reply

Emaan Kamran
09:15 Nov 01, 2020

Thankyou^_^

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Syeda Fatima
11:20 Oct 28, 2020

OMG! that was a real thrill! I like how peter teases his friend at the end. the story theme is amazing, a wonderful ride to the graveyard! would love more stories from u ...

Reply

Emaan Kamran
12:45 Oct 29, 2020

Thankyou ❤️ It really means alot💕

Reply

Syeda Fatima
07:14 Oct 30, 2020

ur always welcome. I have written a story on the same prompt too. check mine out as well.

Reply

Emaan Kamran
11:10 Nov 05, 2020

Yeah I checked.It was absolutely great The end just shook me۔

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Kristin Neubauer
15:31 Oct 31, 2020

Well done! So suspenseful!

Reply

Emaan Kamran
04:48 Nov 01, 2020

Thankyou kristin

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Gip Roberts
20:24 Oct 29, 2020

I like the plot. It has tension build-up to it and it's super creepy. The idea of the girl's grave being marked with a replica of her treehouse was interesting, and who in their right mind isn't scared to death of dolls these days? This has potential, and it could be made even better with a few adjustments. The main thing, I think: Cut down on the excessive dialogue tags. "'Why are you smiling like that what do you mean??' asked Ross as he didn't understand what Peter meant," for example. The question Ross asked already showed he didn't ...

Reply

Emaan Kamran
01:02 Oct 30, 2020

Thanks Gip❤️ It really means alot And really thanks for the advice. It feels good when people point out your mistakes so you may work better next time.

Reply

Gip Roberts
19:54 Oct 30, 2020

I agree. And thanks for following and liking my story. You'll notice people point out things I can improve a lot in their comments; which is why I'm on Reedsy: to improve :)

Reply

Emaan Kamran
06:11 Oct 31, 2020

You're most welcome ^_^

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.