0 comments

General

All that Glitters is not Gold


It has been an amazing journey in my life as she bumped into a friendship at work. She have been married for 24 years went to an all girls school She was in the boarding School. She had been made redundant in a job of 8 years and was hired as an agency worker to work in a Library. This was the beginning of a eight year toxic friendship that nearly cost her life, her marriage, her business ,her children's education to mention but a few.


It started off as a Manager to a support worker. They would go out for afternoon lunches, evening meals after work, they would meet up for birthday meals and then it became vacations.


They were both married and had good lives she thought at the time. She had moved to the UK following a family holiday, she and her husband both worked in the banking sector and they met through a friend. She had a very nice marriage until she met this woman at work who turned out to be a witch, she became so jealous of her marriage she would say things like she spends her whole time with her husband she have no time for her etc she always wanted her attention , she will borrow money and never paid back, she will always say you go on family vacations every year you have a lot of money and she seemed she wanted to know all your business.


When she went on vacations with her family she will buy her gifts and little items then she began to give her a list of items to buy, she will stop by at her office and ask for a loan she had to pay somebody when she asked where does the money go because she earned more than she earned, she will say i don't know I just don't have money ? she suspected drugs but there was no evidence of drugs,


She became quite demanding and will request to go on vacation as she was stressed at work.

She suggested some locations ,the first one we decided to go with our daughters in 2005. She paid for her son only. She paid for her ,but then she ended up paying for the three vacations to Italy, Corfu and Pafos.


She seemed a very nice person on the surface but very controlling. She began to notice when She went on vacation she and her husband argued a lot ,things were becoming heated ,and it was beginning to affect the children. Her eldest son began to slow down in his university ,his younger brother met him ,and she will say her son was not doing well. She had to fend for him etc his relationship with his girlfriend broke down, her daughter was in university, she made sure she withdrew her to live at home with her , while her husband was in prison. Her daughter broke up with her boyfriend who was amazing. She complained her husbands family did not like her. She will say she does not do religion when she informed her I go to church with my family. She will say don't they see anything in your church ? She did not understand what she meant at the time. This went on for seven years she eventually made me resign my job and then She started to work with her with another employer as I continued to apply for work and she will not get the job, she invited me to

Move to her organisation. That was the biggest mistake she made that year.


She had surgery and she was there to support her, She thought at the time and help her on the recovery journey. But she had an agenda as whenever she visited at home during her recovery , she will want to park her car in her husbands space despite informing her. This is when she asked that they go on vacation during one of her visits.


To cut the story short in the new job she became very difficult to work with she was taunting and was always trying to make things difficult for you. She was friends with her secretary but she broke up the friendship, but her secretary is now her victim.


She suffered from panic Attacks and was always in A and E. She was not sympathetic.


One day her friend Grace invited her to her church , she was God sent, she saved her life my marriage. Her business shut down after 8 months because whenever she received an alert she was not happy and she made sure it went under. On arrival at church the Bishop asked her to start 21 days of Daniel fasting and things will be revealed to her. She broke the fast three times and she had to restart it thrice She ended up spending 40 days on the fasting and her friend actually called her one day to reveal

She was sorry for all that she had done to her and her family. She said she had used her name she was not sure what she meant. Her husband was is in prison. She is still receiving deliverance at church. The Friendship broke up our friendship in November. . It has been a very difficult journey She lost seven years of her life, the bishop said she was going to turn her mad and that she would have jumped down a cliff. She was so lucky to have been invited to church by her friend Grace. She started to write her story  in December and called Eight years of Toxic Friendships  to get things off her chest. She was so hurt at the time as she called this friend Maam she thought the world of her and to think she wanted to kill and destroy her and her family. I will encourage you to be vigilant at all times as the signs are always there, be mindful of friendships out there as some of them are out to destroy you and your family. It was revealed to her at church that this friend was a witch and was using witchcraft on her and her family.


Growing apart doesn’t change the fact that for along time we grew side by side but our roots will remain tangled…..


May 08, 2020 10:01

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.