CALINA’S STORY: OUT OF THE DARK INTO THE LIGHT

Submitted into Contest #92 in response to: Write a story that begins in the light and ends in darkness, or the other way around.... view prompt

0 comments

Fantasy Fiction

Calina was born high in the Walimea Mountains in the dark times when truth was only a word and had been manipulated and buried for so long in the swamp of corruption and lies that the people no longer knew who to trust and so were plunged into a rudderless quandary, a state of constant confusion which caused uncertainty and fear to be rampant among them. The time-honored anchors of religion and government were no longer operative as sources to be trusted to tell the people truths. These were dark times.

There was much talk of the gods and government both abandoning the people to the consequences of endless corruption and deceit. The dissenting hand-wringers cried woe to those who abandoned the gods and government of the people, for the people and by the people, but their cries fell on deaf ears. The Oligarchs of business were in power, and they only cared about the power of profits and not the people. The Oligarchs viewed the people as lowly servants whose purpose was to follow their orders or face degradation and even elimination. These were dark times.

Calina’s family came from a long line of scholar-mystics who had protected the knowledge of Light energy and truths that helped them to navigate these dark times. Calina was born strong and healthy in body, mind, and spirit. Despite everything, she thrived.

The Oligarchs were profiting greatly in these dark times, so they shouted fabricated stories through their controlled media sources that they proclaimed were truths. They shouted loud and long until the people were unable to trust what they saw with their own eyes. For instance, they were told there was enough food for all and that the starving children seen begging in the streets were miscreants and criminals who had to be rounded up and taken away to maintain “law and order.” Yet, more begging children appeared, were seen, and then disappeared in a seemingly endless cycle. The people were told that disease didn’t exist and so people who sickened from germs or industrially poisoned water or any other cause were also declared miscreants, trouble-makers, and even criminals who had to be rounded up and taken away to maintain “order.” The people were constantly told that even death could be avoided if they truly believed the Great Leader and followed orders. Of course, no one was allowed to attend funerals or visit gravesites, which didn’t actually exist. Saying good-bye to the dead was a small family affair, if it occurred at all. All who died were taken to processing centers where their bodies were processed, meaning vaporized into dust and that dust was sold cheaply to Oligarch controlled farms as fertilizer stamped with the approval seal of the Great Leader. The processor managers were an elite group of humans highly trained and loyal to the Great Leader. The workers at the processing centers were robots controlled and programmed to conform to the wishes of the Great Leader. These were dark times fraught with great suffering by the people.

Calina’s family secretly resisted the lies and kept truth alive. Her mother, father, and her ancestors through both parents were part of a secret group of Learned Masters dedicated to the prophecy foretelling the return of Light energy. As it turned out, it was not her parents, but Calina who would play a key role in leading the people out of the Darkness of Untruth into the Light of Truth. This is her story.

When she was two years old, Calina was taken by her parents to a secret place high in the wilderness of the highest mountains. Calina’s parents and the other attendees were all Masters of Energy. These Masters of Energy had retreated from the lowlands to the mountains in the chaotic days at the beginning of the dark times. For generations, it had been their task to keep alive the ancient teaching of Energy Schools in order to keep the promise of Truth’s Light shining in accordance with the prophecy that Light would return to banish the Dark. This wild, mountainous area was yet untouched by the darkness of deceit that had steadily enveloped the minds and hearts of lowlanders who were in thrall to the Great Leader. It was Calina’s time to be tested to see if she was a youngling Master ready to start her training. The testing confirmed that she was a youngling Master with very high potential, and so her training commenced immediately.

Time passed. Calina lived in what was known as the High Place in the wilderness of the mountains where training happened. She rarely saw her parents, because they could only visit her infrequently. One day, only her mother came to visit. She told Calina of her father’s passing. She had brought his dust which she had secretly acquired. Together she and Calina committed his dust to the soil of the mountains marking the spot with stones as was the custom among the Masters. After that, Calina’s mother made no more visits to the high wild mountain enclave of the Masters. Calina never saw her again.

The Masters knew that the source of Light Energy was their Sunstar, which no longer penetrated the veil of darkness to reach their world. From their mountain refuge, they had worked diligently over generations to work collectively and summon Sunstar energy to the land to help life forms endure and repel all manifestations of darkness that were antithetical to supporting life because darkness always created chaos and imbalance. The present generation of Masters was on the brink of actualization of the prophecy. It was time for them to prepare and send out the Call to Sunstar for Light energy to return. However, they were awaiting the prophecy’s foretold alignment of the stars. The alignment of the stars was necessary to fuel the penetration of the veil of darkness. They did not know it, but the star alignment was awaiting Calina’s coming to the inner circle of the Masters.

Calina grew in her intuitive and vibratory abilities to send and receive energy. When she was sixteen, she was declared fit to join the inner circle of the Masters, the youngest to have ever done so. In her first gathering, it was announced by the Grand Master that the stars were aligned just as foretold in the prophecy. 

That very night all the Masters gathered under the starlight. One by one they joined their individual energies to create an intensely powerful energy matrix fueled by their unified minds and the quartz crystal repository within the mountains. Calina was the last one to connect her individual energy with the other Masters, and when she did, great sparks of light ignited within the minds of the Masters in the circle indicating the matrix was complete. The Masters ran this crystal fueled energy into their united thought matrix multiplying the power of their matrix a thousand-thousand-thousand times. When the apex was reached, they used their matrix to fling the Call for Light out into the stars.

Then, the Masters waited. The prophecy said that when the stars were aligned and the Call for the Light sent, that Light would shower upon the world. The Masters had pondered what this meant from their perspectives as mystics, astronomers, and physicists. These disciplines and more were all entangled within them as individuals and as a working collective.

As mystics, their perception and acceptance of the prophecy of the coming of showers of Light was unquestioned. As astronomers and physicists steeped in the teachings of the Energy Schools, they also were certain in their understanding of the necessity of the sending of the Call to stave off the darkness of deceit threatening to completely consume all the world, including the highest mountain reaches.

So, they had gathered.

So, they had sent the Call.

Now, they waited. Calina was with them.

Every night for a fortnight they cast their collective mind energy into the star field seeking any indication of shifts in the balance which the prophecy told them would precede the beginnings of the showering of Light upon the world.

The prophecy did not describe what that showering would look like from a human perspective. The prophecy did not say precisely when or where the showering of Light upon the world would begin or end. The prophecy just said that it would start happening and that the showering of Light would transform the world by restoring balance and that a powerful, young Master would appear when needed.

Despite all their lived-through experience of the dark times, their faith in the prophecy held true, due in no small part to the tremendous surge of courage and light energy Calina brought to their matrix.

On the fourteenth night after sending the Call into the stars, the showering of Light began when seed-sparks from Sunstar invisible to normal human perception were being showered upon the land and carried by the winds all over the world. The Masters watching for shifts in the balance in the star field had observed such and so knew the showering had begun. These seed-sparks germinated quickly and bore life first in the form of tiny nutrient filled simple celled entities that became fuel for evolving multi-celled entities. Each entity added to the growing, glowing bright patches all around the world as diverse life forms exploded with and emanated light energy. Light was penetrating the Dark and multiplying exponentially.

Calina led her fellow Masters in monitoring the changes taking place and extrapolating more information about Light energy. It had long been hypothesized that the Dark could not sustain itself in the presence of the Light. This was proving to be so everywhere. The entire balance of Dark and Light was in the process of being restored. As the showering continued, the Dark of Night was left so that starlight was present to fuel and guide, but each night ended with starlight fading and Sunstar rising bringing the Light back into people’s lives and hearts. This had the consequence of a blossoming of human potential and creativity such as had not been seen during the dark times. With the return of Light energy, Chaos transformed into Coherence. Cruelty transformed into Compassion. Selfishness transformed into Selflessness. Greed transformed into Generosity, Fear transformed into Courage, Lies transformed into Truth, and Hate transformed into Love.

Many years passed. Calina spent her life dedicated to furthering understanding and application of Light energy to help humans live in balance with their world through all the truths Light energy brought to bear on any question. She reveled in the Light all the more because she remembered the dark times. In her later years as a Master, she was occasionally a guest at Energy Schools. She shared her stories with children who were born after the dark times of what those days were like. She conducted experiences for young children that included an experience of what it felt like to be surrounded by the Dark and then suddenly have Light energy dispel the Dark. For example, she would tell the children to all hold hands and then she would lead the children into a darkened room. The children’s task was to find their place in the room without harming anyone else. She told the children it was alright to ask for help from their friends. When everyone had found a place in the dark, Calina would begin to light candles one by one all around the room. With the lighting of each candle, she would name a quality of Light energy from her storehouse of wisdom. When the candles were all lit and shining their light into the darkness, she would ask each child to share a story entangled with one or more of the qualities of Light. Once there was a child who said she had no story but she had a thought. Calina invited her to share her thought.

The child spoke with care, “Light energy gives us all a chance that no one had in the dark times which the stories show were the worst of times. The return of Light has given us the chance to live in the best of times. We must not waste this chance.”

Calina and the children all nodded in affirmation and murmured, “We must not waste this chance.”

And, they did not. The records show that indeed, none of them wasted the chance to live in the best of times with the qualities of Light guiding them in all aspects and decisions of their lives. Calina’s children, as they came to be known, left a legacy of wisdom for all who would come after them that would balance and sustain Light energy for millennia.

The prophecy had been fulfilled as foretold.

May 07, 2021 17:35

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.