Meghan's Instagram post

Written in response to: Write a story that centres around an Instagram post.... view prompt

0 comments

African American Coming of Age Fiction

Did you see Meghan Markles's post the other day, Bailee? Girl!? She had the nerve to tell that news reporter how fucking stuck up he was when he told her how she comes off like she's all wild out she is about phat farm when she could careless. "Excuse me?" Pale face like a ghost.

Really?

Oh, yes he didd!

Good! Cuz these reporters doesn't got nothing else to do still these days. What was that reporter's name?

His name was Josh Steward.

Ok, I can't believe he said that. I know she's into Phat Farm. Their shirts are awsome to this day. Matter of fact, my mom got me one the lastest shirts that was on sale on their website. The shirt came in the other day from the FedX that showed up that day.

Does it fit well?

Of course.

What shorts did you wear with them? Your jeans or the black ones?

I worn my black ones.

Good. I bet you look great.

I did.

So, back to this reporter. He obviously didn't hear about what she must have commented about Phat Farm.

What did she make comments on?

She made comments on how they make good shirts and other appearal.

After hanging out with my friend Bailee. I had to get back to work. I enjoyed eating lunch with her. We eat with each other everyday. By the time I got there. Luckly, my boss was telling me how he read that post Meghan made about that reporter. He told me how he was offended because, she's a proud black woman who likes Phat Farm too. I told him how Bailee and I were just talking about this during lunch. My boss, Dan continued to comment how Meghan had every right to shut his ass up. Right?

Dan was finally telling how he needed me to go stock up these shelves and told to help Bailee out when she's done with that costomer with the other shelf arcoss the store. How he'll be in the back stocking up the freezers if we needed anything.

While I'm stocking the kitchen cooking wear in these shelves. I was getting to the spatullas when this one couple was walking past me and tapped me on the shoulders and asked,

Ma'am? Do you- Heather!? I haven't see you in years! How are the fuck are you!?

Chealsea!? Oh, my God!

Girrrl! How's living independently?

Great!

Hey, what's your number so we can chill after work?

(xxx) xxx-xxxx

Ok, let me get that in my contacts.

Hey, call my phone. I'll check it later.

Ok, it's calling.

I felt it.

Ok.

So, what did you need from this aisle?

I need to find the ketchup. What aisle is it on?

Aisle 7.

Thanks.

Ok, I'll text you later. I have to go back to work and I'll let you know about this one post I read the other night that Meghan Markle posted on her instagram page.

Yeah.

Ok, we'll talk later. You have a good day.

Yes, you too. Bye.

Finally getting to Bailee. Bailee was almost done stocking books and magazines here. Luckly, we were able to catch up here. Bailee was telling how easily people could find these magazines and good thing Dan switched the tags of the fashion magazines to the top left where these women could finally find them. I was happy to hear. I was tired of hearing these customers fucking complaining about this. Then, finally!

Driving to Bailee's house after work. We were watching TMZ on TV. Meghan is still on the news. Her post all over.

I texted Chealsea how I just got off of work and how I'm at my friend's house watching TMZ.

Who you texting?

I'm texting one of my friends I met in school years ago.

What happened since then?

Nothing wrong, she moved out of state after high school.

What she do there?

Chealsea got a job at a nursing home. She got paid training on how to do the job. And, they kept her. She loves her job. She just texted me how she's worked there for over a year and loves how the breathing machines works and taking their pualses. She tells me how well these people are doing. She does all their housekeeping for them during the day. Their life stories are worth listening too.

Sounds good. Tell her I said hi.

Will do.

She say anything back?

She says hi.

Hey? Can I start texting her?

Sure.

Hand me your phone.

Here, text all you want.

I just texted her who I am and how we met at work. TMZ is now talking about how Jessica Simpson hasn't lose touch with her life now.

Hmm.... I wonder how her kids are. How many kids she has again?

6.

Damn, she's been busy.

Good!

Okkk😀

TMZ is just now talking about that Josh reporter who you were talking about at lunch today here.

Yeah, and Dan by the way here also fuckin' said the same.

Right? Fuckin' asshole!

And we white!

We're saying it!

Unision: Okkk!

I enjoyed that apple juice your mom made.

Thank you.

How was your day at work Bailee?

Oh, it was good. This one elderly lady. Betty came in and she told how well her hip is doing now. She told how her grand- daughter helped her with finding what dresses she had in the closet. Betty wanted to be sure she had her party dresses for the evening.

That's nice. Which dresses were they?

It was a ruffle top of the dress with one layer bottom of the dress that goes down to her feet.

And, the other dress?

It was a yellow white poka dots dress. It goes down to her calves of her legs. You her lower part of her legs?

Oh yeah! Those are cute dresses. You know my grandma still loves those kind of dresses too.

Does she?

Yes. But, continue.

Betty's grand-daughter found her dresses and Betty's been pretty happy lately. She also told me about what her grand-daughter's job has been giving her more work and how happy she is getting it done. Betty's great grand-daughter is doing good in school. Making good grades. She's in 4th grade still.

Oh, that's real good. I'm real sure this woman is still happy to be alive.

Yeah.

2 hours later

I'm finally at home. Today really got me thinking. How Bailee was real fast at getting those books in the shelf. I'm over still waiting on the microwave to get done. I decided to make mac n' cheese tonight. I still can't believe that reporter told Meghan how she didn't like Phat farm.

2 seconds later

Ding!

My mac n' cheese is ready as usual.

I'm sittin' on my couch and pop that TV on. I'm watching the mystery channel. Some show is on. This show is about this guy when murdered a guy at gun point at gas station. He was robbing the store. Checking my text messages. Chealsea texted me how her husband got home from his mom's house. He's mom was also commenting on Meghan Markle's post she also heard about on TMZ this afternoon.

May 05, 2022 03:13

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.