164 comments

Romance Sad

1. Affection

โ€œI canโ€™t believe weโ€™re arguing over this.โ€ You say to the other person in front of you. She rolls her eyes and does something similar to a half-shrug. โ€œI canโ€™t believe weโ€™re arguing over this.โ€ You repeat it, as if it will help at all. She flicks her half-spiky, half smooth scarlet hair over her shoulder and walks away, completely ignoring you and your feelings. Sighing, you resign yourself to silence once again, that unbearable feeling of loneliness settling in. Now, itโ€™s just you, standing in the middle of the park, wondering if you did something wrong. Her, still walking away, probably pissed off beyond belief, glasses shining in the dying sunโ€™s light.

2. Compassion

Youโ€™re in your living room, yet it seems more like a un-living room to you if youโ€™re honest. Whatโ€™s the point in being with family if no one seems alive anyway? You lie on the bed and sigh. Visions of your brother float across your mind and you find yourself blinking back tears at the memories. That particular brother has been almost completely ignoring you for the past nine years, and he hasnโ€™t changed a little since then. You wish you could go back to when you were seven so you could feel a flicker of happiness once again, if only for a brief momentโ€ฆ But then you pessimistically roll your eyes and tell yourself to shut up. Wiping your tears away, you stay in the living room.

3. Courage

โ€œBut if I ask himโ€ฆ will he say yes?โ€ She pleads, looking at you. All you can do is shake your head. โ€œPlease! You have to tell me. Heโ€™s the only one I love, the only one I will ever love and the only one I will have. Please, I beg you, tell me! How do I get him to love me?โ€ Thereโ€™s a lump in your throat hearing her, and an urge to run away, but you force yourself to look into her vibrant green eyes that are framed by her pink hair. You canโ€™t bring yourself to tell her that no, you canโ€™t get him to love you because he is in love with me. Instead, you look at her and reply, softly, โ€œIIโ€™m sure if you just tell him, he will answer.โ€

4. Empathy

Thereโ€™s three people in the room. โ€œI canโ€™t,โ€ he whispers, but it feels like a shout. No one replies. โ€œI canโ€™t,โ€ he says again, and the only one who answers him this time is her. โ€œCanโ€™t what?โ€ She asks, still with the right amount of sassiness but also with worry. โ€œYou can't do what?โ€ He looks at her with his black, soulless looking eyes. She reaches for his hand, and he moves it away from her. His white skin practically shining in the darkened room, he shakes his hand and replies. โ€œYou would never understand.โ€ The other freezes, from the one eye thatโ€™s not covered by her long, silky blonde hair starts leaking tears. You would never understand. And you still watch with those condemning eyes.

5. Generous

Heโ€™s watching you again, with those starved eyes. Ever since birth, he was cursed to serve you forever. Even when you wanted to help, you never knew how. And now, you clutch at the hands of your father and wonder if you should give him some kindness, but a quick glance at everyone around you makes the thought disappear. Your fatherโ€™s words echo through your brain. His destiny is to serve you. His destiny is to be a slave. Why should he deserve anything from you? With an unhappy feeling, you keep your kindness to yourself and watch your miserable cousin sit there quietly.

6. Intelligent

Thereโ€™s an ache in your heart. And it wonโ€™t go away. Even though you know this type of relationship would be forbidden, you still love him. Heโ€™s the beat of your heart, the blue in your sky, and the love of your lifeโ€ฆ and the idiot doesnโ€™t know. Every day, every single time you look at him, everytime you two accidentally-maybe-not-accidentally touch hurts more because of how much you want to kiss him right there and tell him that you love him, but somethingโ€™s stopping you. You just donโ€™t know what. And as you stand on the cliff behind him, his long brown hair flowing in the wind, it even hurts to look at him. โ€œTell me, God, why canโ€™t I let him go?โ€

7. Persistence

Your dad doesnโ€™t seem to notice how easily you give up on things. Itโ€™s a bad habit, sure, but you donโ€™t really care either way. All he ever asks, anyway, is for you to, quote unquote, โ€œGet your head out of the clouds.โ€ Itโ€™s hard to get your head out of the clouds when all you want to do is to be a cloud and float around and do nothing. Itโ€™s easy being lazy. Itโ€™s hard being productive. Being smart is troublesome. Tests are boring. Girls are too annoying. And when you would rather sleep than hang out with friends, you know youโ€™ve hit peak laziness. And honestly, what a drag this all is.

8. Positiveย 

โ€œHeyโ€ฆโ€ โ€œWhat, you brat. Iโ€™m trying to focus right now.โ€ โ€œWhat happened to your family? Iโ€™ve never ever heard you bring them up, ever, hn!โ€ โ€œWhy do you care? As far as I know, you donโ€™t have a family either.โ€ โ€œW-well, you already knew that, so what happened t-โ€ โ€œTheyโ€™re dead. End of story. My parents were- Why am I answering you? You shouldnโ€™t care, because I donโ€™t either. Go away.โ€ โ€œBut-โ€ โ€œGo away.โ€ โ€œDonโ€™t you have anyone left?โ€ โ€œNo. I left them a- Stop trying to get answers out of me! Leave me alone!โ€

9. Rational

โ€œDonโ€™t be so bleak.โ€ Reprimands your partner. โ€œI-โ€ You canโ€™t reply. At the exact same moment you decided to take a breath, your chronic sickness caught up to you and you started a coughing fit. Your understanding partner waited for you to finish and whistled a tune. You ignored the small amount of blood on your palm, preferring to wipe it away as you get up and wordlessly motion for your partner to follow. Itโ€™s hard to think clearly at this point, and all you want to do is to get some medicine, but you start walking.

10. Sincere

Itโ€™s hard acting like you donโ€™t care everyday. Whenever they come over their brother, you have to pretend that they donโ€™t mean a lot to you. But they do. You donโ€™t know when, but they grew on you, despite you thinking they were annoying at first. Now, though, you still canโ€™t make yourself act kind to them. Somethingโ€™s opposing you from getting close to them, or doing anything remotely nice to befriend them. You thought about consulting your elder brother on the matter, but ultimately gave up on that idea; he was hopelessly dense in the first place. So you just keep waiting for your body to catch up to your heart.

1. Love

You love him. You love his beautiful baby blue eyes. His blonde hair that shines in the sunlight. His smile makes you smile too. You love everything about him and more. And he returns those feelings too. You two are yin and yang, the sun and the moon, bonded, inseparable. And you wish to forget every single little detail about him just to find them again. You cherish the moments when he walks in and sees you, then shouts in delight and runs to hug you, or when he hugs you gently without you even asking. Itโ€™s these times when you feel the most safe and loved in the entire world.

~~~

Dedicated to Strange Little Human Prince (Formerly Leo Prince) <3 You may recognize who these characters are, Shade ;)

July 03, 2022 03:12

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

164 comments

Octavian Adams
18:00 Jan 18, 2023

Happy birthday, Celeste/Yue/Any other name you are using today :) I hope you have a great day.

Reply

Octavian Adams
05:55 Feb 13, 2023

Of course :)

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Crows_ Garden
15:19 Jan 18, 2023

YO CELLIE ETHAN AND I SAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY! TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF AND HAVE FUN!

Reply

OMG ETHAN ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’– THANK YOU TWO SM AHHHHH โค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธ TYTYTYTYTY :DDDDD STAY SAFE TOO U GUYS!!! ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿงก

Reply

Crows_ Garden
02:53 Jan 19, 2023

Ethan's Response: ":DDDD OFC CEL TOWER WE LOVE YOUUUU" Of course fam, we love and care for ya< 3<3<3<3<3<3<3,3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Reply

LUV U TOO ETHAN im fashionably late sorry <3 ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’– tysm shade ๐Ÿ˜ญโค๏ธ

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Lilliane Wei
18:57 Jul 18, 2023

Quite a lot of deaths we shall have T_T

Reply

Show 1 reply
Crows_ Garden
21:52 Mar 07, 2023

"Leo Prince - Shade" That shows how old your bio is XD Anywho. How're ya Cellie? Anything cool/of note?

Reply

WAHHHHHH I NEED TO CHANGE THAT HUH ITS PROBABLY SO CRINGE ADSOQNWFASIJF SORRYYYY TuT hi shade ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ im really sorry for being so inactive euwdbsiuwefhf life has been kinda boring tho i did go to new york and dc hahasbwqhouradssd hbu??

Reply

Crows_ Garden
18:09 Apr 13, 2023

XD It's all good lol No worries<3 Eyo! Life happens, I hope things are going well! I got a new haircut and new obsession /lh

Reply

omg ur new name and pfp are so aesthetic wow :D same for you shade!! i got a new haircut too but im still stuck with the old obsessions xD how have u been??

Reply

Crows_ Garden
02:30 Jun 05, 2023

Ayyy, thank you! Thanks<3 Oh cool! Pftt- Eh, I've been aight, you?

Reply

ofc!!! i have never left my homosexual naruto arc apparently more or less the same lmaooo im still lawful evil/j also i reread the ol' indigo and tenshi remind thing we did a year ago and wow that was fun (it was also 21k words)

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
02:23 Feb 04, 2023

hey leste- saw that it was your bday semi recently, happy late birthday!!

Reply

23:48 Feb 09, 2023

ofc leste โค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธ

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Crows_ Garden
17:19 Dec 08, 2022

Miss ya Cellie, be safe<3

Reply

Show 1 reply
Eleanor <3
00:32 Nov 29, 2022

your bio. it is chaos. and i love it, and a looonnnggg time ago you liked this story i wrote so long ago that is literally a menace to society, so i am here to ask if you're mentally stable, because 13 year old me rly thought i was doing something w that story

Reply

giggles in years later im probs not mentally stable- but LMFAO yes that is what i thought when i was writing my old stories as a wee little kid hehahahahhaahehe

Reply

Eleanor <3
02:36 Jan 24, 2023

heheheh its the fact that we thought we were achieving something

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Crows_ Garden
18:29 Nov 12, 2022

hgfds-I'minyourbestquoteoftheweeeeekKkWWwwWWooooOOOoOOOOOOOOO!

Reply

iTs BeEn A yEaR wOWOwOOWOWOWWOWOWOW- you've stayed my best quote of the week for centuries ngl/j

Reply

Crows_ Garden
22:05 Jan 15, 2023

PFFT Woo!

Reply

Crows_ Garden
17:10 Jan 16, 2023

Pfftt- HA. Same > : ) Five years now lmao

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
02:44 Nov 08, 2022

hey human pop (i normally say girly pop but couldn't remember you pronouns i'm sorryyyy leste), you active?

Reply

02:12 Feb 04, 2023

okay cool >:D bruh i finally came to the conclusion that the reedsy people started you having to pay to get rid of us young human beings and keep all the serious peeps. bc like look at this website. all the good, fun, young, human beans have left D:

Reply

hehehe >:D yeah same :( all the epic guys have left, all the serious people remain :(((( im not even that active anymore and i used to be on here 24/7 ;-;

Reply

23:49 Feb 09, 2023

fr! reedsy was my life at one point and i met so many cool people and know i barely even think about it, let alone be active or write ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Crows_ Garden
19:18 Oct 24, 2022

"Working on: NARUT" NARUT I'M DYING XD

Reply

Crows_ Garden
12:48 Oct 25, 2022

XD N A R U T Pft- yeah- *hugs* Tis okay

Reply

Crows_ Garden
02:02 Oct 26, 2022

XD : ) <3<3<3

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Akshaya โœจ
10:40 Aug 05, 2022

HRU NEED TO READ YOUR STORIES PRONTO

Reply

Show 1 reply
Crows_ Garden
21:35 Aug 01, 2022

Tsuks

Reply

Crows_ Garden
21:36 Aug 01, 2022

Tsuks

Reply

Crows_ Garden
21:36 Aug 01, 2022

Tsuks

Reply

Crows_ Garden
21:36 Aug 01, 2022

Tsuks

Reply

Crows_ Garden
03:58 Aug 09, 2022

o - o Eh?- (new nickname for ya, btw: Tsuks)

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
20:52 Jul 20, 2022

Aw, this was so sweet, Leste! The ending made my heart go all fluttery. Your description was *chef's kiss*. Great job, darling! ๐Ÿ˜‰ <3

Reply

Show 1 reply
Vera Vuscoe
23:17 Jul 18, 2022

So sweet โ™ก Totally worth reading :)

Reply

Vera Vuscoe
11:33 Aug 01, 2022

im super super sorry that i havent come out with your part for light of hyrule yet, i had writers block for a while and now im starting a writing class and then I have school, so I might not come out with it for a little bit, but I'll try my best! tysm for being patient <3

Reply

Vera Vuscoe
00:43 Nov 23, 2022

hiii remember me? i had writer's block and left, but now im back and better than before hehe <3 sorry i never wrote ur part i feel superrrr baddd lol i had a bunch of school stuff and it just became a little too much for a while, u know? i just needed a break. sorry for just disappearing tho, i feel bad :( i might just discontinue all of my series, its been so long lolll i dont remember any of them and im a different writer now, older, wiser, so its not really my style anymore, u know? just asking can u give me feedback on my story panic roo...

Reply

hihi!! yes i do remember you lol, i've gone missing too so it's fine!! lollll it's fine i've never finished many of my stories too haha :P omg ofc lol, if you're still active xD i will :D

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
22:24 Jul 10, 2022

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH

Reply

Show 1 reply
Crows_ Garden
23:41 Jul 03, 2022

I KNEW IT I BEEPING KNEW IT OMJ YES

Reply

HEDHEBHEHEDBHDJKEWH did u guess most of them :eyes: i wrote the whole story with you in mind xD idk why, prob cuz we both love a ~certain~ something ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘

Reply

Crows_ Garden
01:13 Jul 04, 2022

yEp That's adorable- I love it, thank you! (check out fanverse- specifically this bit, a bit hectic, but it's ya know)

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Unknown User
03:24 Dec 06, 2022

<removed by user>

Reply

Show 1 reply
Unknown User
04:28 Sep 24, 2022

<removed by user>

Reply

Unknown User
08:21 Sep 30, 2022

<removed by user>

Reply

Unknown User
05:24 Oct 19, 2022

<removed by user>

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.