5 comments

Funny Drama Mystery

The birds were chirping , people were talking the supermarket was filled with lots and lots of people,i made my way through a crowd of strangers to the nearest cashier.

As i paid and hurried outside towards my car , two burly men in gray grab me by the arm and handcuff me as if it was a normal thing to do they grabbed my shopping bag out of my hands , so i say ,"if you want my groceries you can take them." the men just stare at me and i just stare at them for a moment and suddenly grasp the situation , i yell at them in the deserted parking lot.

The parking lot was a surprisingly empty , as the market was super crowded . They cuffed the cuff links around my hand and drag a cursing me to a big black car . How clique . I was forced to sit in between the two buff men in gray , i felt like an ant in between them both i look from one face to another , they look kind of the same so i ask a question , a question so irrelevant ,"are you guys twins?" and they just looked at me for a second through their thick villain-ish black glasses and turn away .

I sigh thinking about all the things i hadn't done and my death was coming soon , i was too shocked to cry this all seemed so out of a movie , i'm just waiting for someone to come out and say ,'you just got punked." and offer me a million dollars.

I suddenly lost it and started squirming in my seat screaming what did i do , just then the tall buff guy [ sitting left] looked at me and in a thick voice said ,"you know what you did." and right then the moment that guy uttered those five frigging words i blast out i said in an enraged tone,

" hey you piece of crap i don't know what i did okay , all i know is that i had a very very stressful week at my office with my boss screaming at me every half hour, i was just glad for the week to be over and came grocery shopping to buy some stuff for my barren refrigerator , and just as i was dreaming about going home and ordering pizza and watching Netflix you two jokers march up to me and hand cuff me and put me in this big black car and this whole situation looks like a scene straight out of men in black and guess what i don't even know what i frigging did , okay so you two machachos better drop me here and remove these cuff links or you wont know what hit you." i finished.

They stared at me for a few seconds and went back to staring at the back of the drivers seat , i sigh and don't see the guy to my right injecting something to my arm until i feel it , " what the -"

and i can't finish the sentence because all i can see is a big black mound of black.

I woke up to a throbbing head-ache and felt something tying my hands down i open my eyes , it takes a few seconds for my eyes to adjust to the light pouring out of who knows where,and then suddenly when my eyes are back to normal i gaze up front and i see a women , she was dressed in a white blouse and black skirt , she also these small A eyes and wore thick red lipstick , she looked so serious , she had this cruel smile plasteredon her face .

i felt her gaze land up on me a cruel smile appeared on her face, i had to look somewhere else my eyes landed on the two twin buff guys who bought me to this hell hole ,they were standing near the door , each on either one of the sides , my eyes marvel across the huge rich room , with every inch covered in and paintings , couches , there was a huge black TV near one of the walls , the decor looked very modern and not a bit homely .

i looked back at Ms what's her name, she was applying lipstick , and coating layers and layers of red. something ringed and she straight up and put her lipstick back in her bag and gave me another one of her weird smiles.

Just then the door bashed open and a women wearing a white sheath dress and a rich cream fur coat entered. she muttered something into her phone and made her way right towards where the other woman [the one with the cruel smile] was standing.

the boss lady muttered something in her ear and the cruel smile lady scattered out the door. In a high pitched barbaric voice she said,"well well well look who we have here " okay this was too much drama did stuff like this happen in real life , this was a dream i'm sure of it. God i freaked out for nothing.

The boss lady continued,"isn't it little Karen Mitchell." uhh. wait backup ," excuse me lady who the hell is Karen Mitchell , i'm Mila ,Mila Montgomery and -" she didn't let me finish " Mila that's what your calling yourself now ?" " no" i say ,"that's what I've always called myself , and not only me but all the people who know me call me Mila not Karen ". i finish , the knowing look in the boss lady's face doesn't change ,"yeah and i'm Harry Potter". What that doesn't even make sens-" the boss lady has a bad habit of speaking in between .

She gets meaner if that's even possible and says ," we haven't got all day Mila or Karen or whatever you call yourself , give me the money and you can go ." "Money , what money ?" " don't act like yo don't know i lent you a million dollars i want it back ."

"YOU gave ME a million dollars , lady i live in an apartment and what i look forward after my job that is an assistant journalist is pizza and Netflix night okay , i don't go back to may mansion and get ready for a dinner party with queen Elizabeth. " i continue.

"A million dollars , in my whole life of twenty four years i don't think all the money i ever got would add up to a MILLION DOLLARS". I finish. the boss lady speaks up ,"cut the crap, Karen , what did you do with the money , the least you can do is tell the truth ." i laugh and not in a happy way , " first off my name is not Karen It's Mila okay and second of the least , are we really talking about the least , well listen up lady the least you can do is tell your plastic IQ bodyguards to go find Karen or whoever it is and believe me it's not normal to go pick a random lady from a supermarket and cuff her and take her to god knows where and demand for A MILLION DOLLARS!!!!!!. i yell .

The boss lady looks almost convinced , or so i thought ," Karen , i tell you , if you tell me the -" "it's Mila". she ignores me and continues ," just tell me the truth and i'll give you more time to return my money-" "The truth , you want the truth i'm not Karen , i don't even know who Karen is and i don't know or have the million dollars your talking about ." "Karen-" "it's Mila" " Tell me the Truth Karen -". okay i've had enough ."IT'S MILA!!!!!" I shriek and struggle to free myself from the rope that has been strapped to keep me captive .

I keep yelling help on top of my lungs, but nobody can here me , i start screaming at the boss lady but she just keeps calm and stares at my face , then she with a flick of her wrist calls a bodyguard and then all i can see is black , black and black.

i suddenly wake up with a terrible body pain , i look around and i see my bed, my room , i jump up and run through the house and look out the windows , i'm home ,Was it a dream , was it just a terrible dream when i look at my kitchen slab there are my shopping bags from the grocery stores , i feel weird and then i look at my hands there were cuff link marks .

IT REALLY HAPPENED.

The End

July 25, 2020 20:14

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

5 comments

Keerththan 😀
04:50 Aug 11, 2020

Nice story. Marvellous ending. Loved it. Keep writing.... Would you mind reading my story “The secret of power?”

Reply

Liya Mariyam
06:54 Aug 11, 2020

thank you, sure.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
21:34 Aug 05, 2020

Nice! Amazing ending! 👏👏👏 Also, would you mind checking out my new story? Thanks! 😄 —Aerin! P. S. Read your bio, and I’m pretty sure we all are...🤣🤣🤣

Reply

Show 0 replies
Deborah Angevin
11:39 Jul 31, 2020

Oh, I love the twist at the end! Would you mind checking my recent story out, "A Very, Very Dark Green"? Thank you!

Reply

Liya Mariyam
18:45 Aug 02, 2020

thank you , i would love to check your story

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.