0 comments

Thriller Mystery Romance

Write about a character who everyone thinks is guilty of something terrible, but isn’t.

LIVE – Thriller and Suspense

It is Friday the 13th Night, People still believes that Friday the 13th is a bad day or is it really a bad day? Let me tell what happened on this Friday the 13th.

It was Friday the 13th, the man in the checked shirt with a budget watch on his right hand, watch dial matched his blue colour shirt, with matched blue jeans, with unmatched black shoe and a brown belt, and quiet a complicated taste for Ashok isn’t it? So that was Ashok on that day in the steps, he walked towards the top floor, his walk wasn’t steady, he shook a bit while he walked. He drank too much on that night, as soon he opened the door he said ‘Hey Shruthi! Let me tell you this one last time’ and he dropped like a dead meat.

When Ashok opened his eyes, he was in a chair inside his office cabin, his hands were tied to the chair with a handcuff, Ashok called for people but no one came inside, he saw cops walk outside his cabin, he tried to release himself from handcuff but he couldn’t as his team mates crossed the cabin he called for help. Kally with a disgusted face ‘I never thought you would hurt Shruthi, I will ensure you are going prison’

Ashok asked her back ‘Kally believe me I will never hurt her, what happened to her? Kally!!’ he screamed, Ashok heart had beaten faster. He was nervous, he couldn’t remember what he did with a bat. But he was sure about one thing, he would never hurt her.

Kally ignored him and walked away. Other girls from his team commented like he is guilty of something serious, nobody had told him what he did, but everyone said he hurt Shruthi, which made Ashok more tensed in that situation.

Outside the office, Inspector GD asked the constable for the FIR report. Constable 276 had explained ‘Miss Shruthi a junior developer working under Mr. Ashok was found unconscious bleeding from her forehead at the roof top of this building, it is found that Mr. Ashok is guilty, we found him beside the door unconscious with a baseball bat in his hand, Luckily Shruthi is not dead, but she is unconscious, she is a daughter of a big shot from our city, her parents is away. I am glad she is not dead, but doctors can only confirm after she woke up ’

GD stared at the constable 276 ‘If she is a daughter of a big shot, why the hell is she working here? Spoiling my peaceful night, these crazy youngsters. (Sighed)’

Constable 276 stared at him ‘What do you mean sir? You think there is a third person involved in this?’

GD adjusted his cap ‘Exactly! Now, I want to meet the rest of the staff, hope everyone is here, had anyone left?’

‘Yes sir, Mr. Balu had left despite of my warning, he said, he is the director and he is the one that informed this crime scene to us, and he left without a word’ said constable 276

GD looked at Constable 276 physique head to toe as he was skinny for a normal constable, GD commented ‘You are a constable for god sake, stop behaving like a security guard, I need that pig to be here, I don’t care what he is’

Constable 276 standing in attention replied ‘Yes sir’

GD looked at his watch for the time ‘I need to go home before the sun rises, I wanted to close this case tonight, we can’t take everyone to the hospital now with COVID around, let’s end this tonight and present the right person in court tomorrow, stop being lethargic, take extra people help from the station, and let’s not create a big scene for this small case’

‘Yes sir’ said constable 276, and followed him.

GD had everyone in one conference call, he introduced himself, asked a common question ‘How many of you think, Ashok would hurt Shruthi?’

Everyone raised their hands, expect one hand, GD noted that and commented ‘He must be a bad leader, isn’t it 276?’

Constable replied ‘yes sir! He is guilty, we can close the case, and we have enough proof sir’

GD turned his head to 276 ‘Is this a proof?’ he turned his attention towards the group of employees ‘I wanted to have a word with all of you, I need all of your support to help me find who did that. I will be available in next room. Don’t think this is a small case, a girl was hurt and she is unconscious and if she is dead this case will turn into a more serious one. Better talk the truth’ he walked away with a serious face like the usual police, he was serious about that case that night.

GD waited inside the cabin, first person entered, she said her name was Kally. Kally was a close friend of Shruthi, Kally shared her statement ‘Ashok, is our boss, we all reports to him, Balu is the boss of Ashok, Shruthi, myself and every other girls had to work under him. Shruthi had a crush with Ashok last summer, Shruthi proposed first, Ashok did not agreed at first, later then, he agreed. After few months of healthy relationship, Shruthi thought Ashok had affair with Megna, she enquired him, Ashok felt hurt of Shruthi’s accusation. Shruthi didn’t stop with that, with her possessiveness she started to spread rumours inside office that Ashok is not much of a man to date with. Shruthi loved Ashok so much, but Ashok did not take any steps to explain his friendship with Megna, he and his ego (smirked). Someone had took this rumours to Ashok and Ashok reacted after a week at work, especially giving more tasks to her and making her extend shifts, regular meetings. She lost her patience one day and told him she wanted him badly, but Ashok didn’t react much but I am sure he had planned something for her, not a revenge like this, I am sure he did this’

Constable 276 had noted down the statement, GD asked her to leave and called next person.

Shipo entered the cabin ‘Ashok is a nice guy, lately we got to know he is on gay side’

GD asked ‘who told that?’

She replied ‘everyone’

GD asked ‘who particularly told YOU’

She replied ‘It’s Kally, and after that he was very upset and always angry because someone had exposed his sexual interest, he even yelled at floor once, they both are not good these days, she looked very stressed, he always cornered her, I think he had his revenge today’

GD shook his head, and said loudly ‘NEXT’

Balu entered, his statement was ‘Ashok is a sincere dedicated employee, I am very sad that his days recently are not that good with Shruthi after their last date, it looked like he opened up his sexual interest to her, and Shruthi had spread that among other co-workers, He was upset about that, never thought he would do such thing to her, revenge is not a solution, I hope Shruthi should get back to work soon, and Ashok should face the consequences for his behaviour’

GD stared at him ‘Why did you leave?’

Balu replied ‘I am sorry sir, I thought I don’t have to be here. Plus It was my daughter birthday, I wanted to be there’

GD nodded his head ‘Responsible father! hmmm’ GD looked at Balu in his eyes ‘You saw the incident right? What did you saw?’

Balu replied ‘She was unconscious bleeding, he was unconscious with a bat in his hand, I immediately called police’

GD asked ‘How do you know that he was in roof top?’

Balu calmly replied ‘I saw him walk up to the stairs, I was eating, I quickly finished it and followed him after few minutes to avoid issues as they both were not in a good relationship, but things have gone out of hand’

GD came forward and took a mobile from his pocket ‘This is Shruthi’s mobile, you were there behind staring at her in roof top, and what did you do to her? What happened between you two? Don’t think that girl will not wake up, if it is a minor injury?, she will wake up anytime to prove that you are guilty’

Balu started to sweat, he took his handkerchief and covered it with both palms to clean his sweating hands and face ‘I was there with some intention, and I remembered I have a daughter too, then…’ he was stopped.

GD stopped him, informed 276 and asked to lock him with Ashok.

Balu continued ‘sir believe me, I have left immediately, nothing happened between us, she didn’t even see me, sir’

GD ignored him, constable took him back to room.

Ashok was relieved when his boss had entered, but shocked when he was tied too ‘Sir what happened? How Shruthi got hurt? Is she okay? Why you got arrested sir?’

Balu yelled at him ‘Stop talking to me, why did you do this idiot? Now they think I am also a suspect because I was there when informing the police’

Ashok shook his head in confusion ‘Sir, why everyone says that? I didn’t attacked her, NO FUCKING WAY! I sincerely love her, you know that right?’

Balu got annoyed ‘Language Ashok, I don’t care what is going on between you two, don’t bring me inside, I need to go home, accept to the cops that you did it’

Ashok examined his handcuff’s ‘Accept what? I don’t even remember where I was’

Balu hit his head with his palms ‘Fuck, why did you even drink at first place when you don’t even remember’ ‘FUCK, FUCK, FUCK’ he yelled. Constable 276 yelled from outside ‘Shut up!’

Shipo, Janu, Karin – three other team members from Ashok team had walked in and they all gave almost identical statement, everyone knew about their relationship and the misunderstanding. They all are aware of the rumour that Ashok is a gay, and it was spread by one person, that is Kally closest friend of Shruthi, Kally did that in order to support her possessive friend, it looked like it was Kally’s idea, but everyone is aware that Ashok dated Megna and there is something going on between them. Cops hadn’t got any new clue that night, GD waited for Shruthi’s statement to further make enquiry on Ashok, but Balu was in question as nobody knew where Balu was at the time incident or what he did, only GD knew that Balu was there as he accessed her Selfie’s and other pictures.

Megna walked in, she made her statement ‘Ashok is a nice guy Sir, He never could have not done that to Shruthi’

GD raised his eyebrows ‘How confident? Is it because you both date? Or because you are his best friend? Or are you guys planning to get married? ‘

Megna replied with a smile ‘Please let me explain about that sir, After they started to date, Ashok saw me once with my girlfriend and I told him why I love to work here with all the other girls because I am lesbian, I got promise from him not to tell anyone. We became very close after that, I initially warned him that this might go wrong as others did not know about my real sexual interest. He never cared about that, soon things have escalated, other girls started to ask me whether I date him. I told them No and Kally told me he is gay, I knew how he stares at other girls we both sit together and comment about the girls we see, I am 200% sure he is not a gay, he got upset when I told him what I heard about him, he pretended like he hated her, deep inside he loved her, madly, I am the one gave him a baseball bat as a joke to prove me that if he really hates her, he should hit her with that. He didn’t took the bat at all, but after several shots of vodka he lost his control and told me he is going to propose her back again to settle things to normal. He took the help of the bat and used it like a walking stick, we all laughed at him while he walked out like that. I was shocked when everyone raised their hands that he tried to kill her’

GD looked at the board, it was 4/5 stars on the board beside his name, and one black sheep was drawn and marked in question.

Constable 276 knocked the door ‘Sir Shruthi woke up’

GD stood up from the table ‘Time to take out the real culprit, Shruthi wait her, I will be back’ she agreed.

GD and constable 276 walked in, Shruthi was checked by a doctor, she confirmed she is COVID negative and the injury is not deep, but she is drunk so she gave only bandages and left.

GD asked how she feels and started to shoot his question ‘How do you feel Shruthi? Hope you are better? Can we talk? (she nodded) Who tried to kill you?

Shruthi feeling tired ‘Thanks, I am fine, but Kill me? No one! Did you arrested anyone?’

GD got tensed and took a slow deep breath and asked politely ‘Tell me what had happened on the roof top?’

Shruthi almost got tears in her eyes, GD held her hand ‘I am sorry dear, it is 3 am, in 2 hours my shift is getting over, I wanted to close this case, I have enough statement to send Mr. Ashok to Jail, but I need to know why Mr. Balu is in the Selfie picture, and did he do something?’

Shruthi was given a bottle of water by GD and she cried even more and GD consoled her, she continued ‘I was drunk, I went to roof top for a selfie, I took some pictures, that’s when I saw my super boss, he was staring at me, in fear I lost the grip of my phone, in the attempt to catch my phone I jumped from the roof top and fell on the high rise window cleaning platform, and that’s how I got hurt. I got my phone, when I climbed back I saw no one, as the wound started to bleed I fainted, please release Ashok, he didn’t do anything, I don’t know when he came there’

GD sighed ‘These youngsters…’ without saying any words, he came out, ‘Constable 276, I am leaving home, there is no case, thanks for the entertainment and your story. Nobody’s a suspect, get out’

Constable 276 blushed, GD yelled ‘sir, but we have evidence’

GD stopped ‘Fuck that. Were you deaf? You heard what she said right?’

Constable 276 gave a salute ‘Yes sir, I thought she tried to build up a story sir, sorry sir’.

GD entered the room and looked at Shruthi ‘“I Love You” is 3 words, “I forgive you” is 3 words, “can we talk” is 3 words “Listen to him” is 3 words, I highly recommend to choose these 3 words like “I Love you” with men, all it takes few minutes to sort out the issue, any third person can spoil a healthy relationship, but if you dive in deep and look at that, you will know there was nothing wrong, but the EGO builds up a story for you to kill your peace, Ashok is not guilty, I want you to not to feel guilty, and talk to him, Have a good day’

GD walked out and saw constable 276 stared at him ‘What are you looking at?’

Constable 276 replied ‘Sir, my name is Simon’

GD nodded his head ‘Nice name’

Constable 276 replied ‘Thank you sir, what you said inside is amazing, it touched my heart’

GD looked at him ‘are you sure you are a constable? You don’t talk like one since beginning’

They both smiled at each other.

And that is how Ashok story got an end. Friday the 13th wasn't that bad right, it was good for him.

The End!

December 02, 2020 12:58

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.