Get your book cover professionally redesigned... for free!
We always tell authors that professional cover design is a great investment. Now, we want to prove it... by giving three self-published authors a brand new cover from one of our experienced book designers, and mathematically testing the results through Facebook advertising.
How does it work?
- We invite authors to submit us their cover designs (see conditions below).
- If selected, a Reedsy designer with experience in your genre will be assigned to work on a new cover for your book.
- You pay nothing for the redesign, but contribute $100 for advertising.
- Reedsy will then spend your $100 on a week-long A/B test on Facebook ads to determine the new design's effectiveness at getting "clicks" to your book's Amazon page.
- Once the test is finished, your book and the results of the experiment will be featured on a Reedsy blog post, and broadcasted through our newsletter and social media channels.
To enter, please drop us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Cover Case Study" in the subject line and:
- A link to your Amazon book page
- The original date of publication
- Why Reedsy should pick your book (100 words max)
update: the closing date has now been extended to 11:59 pm EDT onWednesday, May 10
To qualify for final selection:
- The book must be available on the Kindle Store and originally published in the past 12 months.
- The entrant must be the copyright holder of both the book and original cover design.
- The entrant must agree to allow for the case study and its results to be published on any of Reedsy's channels.
Note: by submitting your book for consideration, you are not bound by any obligations. Authors are free to withdraw themselves at any point before design work on the cover begins. The author will retain all rights to their publication. Successful candidates will be chosen at Reedsy's discretion.
If you have any thoughts, ideas, or questions regarding this competition, please leave them in the comments below and we'll do our best to answer them promptly.