Stop Procrastinating! Build a Solid Writing Routine
Taught by Prolifiko
Some people think that getting the inspiration and ideas to write is the hard part – the bit that really matters. We don’t agree. We think that the toughest part of writing is the writing itself. The daily slog, the getting up at 5am, the missed evenings out and the lost time spent with loved ones. The writing routine is the bit that really hurts – but that’s where our course can help!
Obviously, you won’t get far without any creative originality, but if you don’t have an effective writing process all those amazing ideas might never see the light of day. Our course is based on the latest behavior change research and the science of habits. Over ten email lessons, we’ll give you a bunch of practical, actionable tips to help you understand and face down your procrastination gremlins to find a writing habit that works for you.
Already a Reedsy Learning student? You can subscribe to a new course by opening up any previous Reedsy Learning email. Scroll to the bottom of the email and click on “update your preferences” to choose a new course.
What you’ll learn in this course:
- How to develop a writing habit with research-backed advice.
- Guidance on how to schedule and plan your writing time so you start writing – unthinkingly.
- How to use freewriting to unblock yourself when you’re really stuck.
- Tips on how to build accountability structures around you to keep you writing.
- How to use tracking and goal-setting to keep you on course with your writing.
- How power-ups can help you push forward your writing (with a little help from the world’s top games designers).
Brought to you by:
Bec Evans is a co-founder of Prolifiko, a digital productivity coach which uses a research-backed productivity system to encourage writers to start and stick at their writing projects. She writes, works in publishing innovation, and was highly commended digital achiever in the Bookseller’s Futurebook 2016 awards.
Chris Smith is the other founder of Prolifiko. He’s also a PR and content consultant, author, award-winning scriptwriter and blogger for The Next Web.